Lead Engineer (Frontend) - Web
BeCause is an early-stage, web-based, self-hosted Citizen Mobilisation (CMOB) tool. We have delivered our early proof-of-concept and are now working towards building a modular and scalable version of BeCause for GA by end of Q2 ’24.
We want an experienced web engineer (based in India) to join our team and help us drive our UI initiatives. We are currently looking to hire as a consultant, with the aim to convert to a full-time hire in the near future. This role will report to the Head of Engineering.
As a lead frontend engineer, you will:
- Own the design and implementation of intuitive, responsive and composable frontends for the BeCause platform’s web assets.
- Actively identify and address any technical risk to product delivery related to the web frontends.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Collaborate with other (often external) developers, product management, engineering management and customers. Contribute to UX research and gathering user feedback for BeCause’s user interfaces in the process.
- Build and maintain UI components with a keen eye for design and UX.
- Convert designs to functional UI. Be willing to design interfaces in the absence of a designer on the team. We can always improve iteratively.
- Write clean and eﬃcient code that you will be proud to showcase. Document frontend architectural and implementation details.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Good understanding of modern frontend architectures and frameworks, and the capabilities and constraints of the web platform.
- Strong understanding of UX principles and accessibility on the web.
- Bonus: Demonstrable experience maintaining or contributing to open source projects.
- Bonus: Experience with composable frontend architectures.
- Bonus: Basic understanding of Domain-Driven Design.