The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR).
(Source: BISA on Flickr)
Summary: BISA are looking for a dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional with a specialisation in Crop Modelling. Candidates that fit the following criteria may apply:
- M.Sc/B.Tech in statistics/Economics/ Data science/computer science/mathematics
- At least 1 year’s relevant experience in statistical analysis/econometrics/artificial intelligence/handling large spatial datasets.
- Experience of Machine Learning and R is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge on project management and M&E activities.
- Knowledge on climate change, climate smart agriculture and adaptation/mitigation is a plus.