Inbound Marketing and Lead Generation Specialist
You’re passionate about the solidarity economy.
You know the power of technology to impact people’s lives. You love
to network, have great follow through, and believe we can transform our world together. Does that sound like you?
If so, let’s talk about bringing those skills to CoLab Cooperative!
Our cooperative is in a period of evolution and we are restructuring our sales and marketing approach. CoLab is looking for a go-getter with experience in tech and co-ops to support our lead generation efforts and coordinate with our business development and marketing teams to strategize the next phase of CoLab’s growth.
What you’ll be doing
● Working with cooperative leadership to develop a sustainable and profitable marketing strategy
● Managing the cooperative’s social media accounts
● Developing and executing a plan for regular outbound communications
● Working with the business development team to manage inbound inquiries
● Sharing CoLab’s story and capabilities at conferences, webinars, and other public engagements
● Engaging with marketing and management tools like HubSpot, mailchimp, etc.
CoLab is an international, worker-owned tech collective that builds custom apps and websites for a better world. Our co-op was founded in 2010 to co-create simple, purpose driven solutions to global problems. We are committed to
our clients for the long haul, and we bring our entire team to every engagement. We run a very open, flat, and collaborative organization, and invest in one another as friends and coworkers. Our co-op has a path to becoming a member-ownership, which we hope you’ll consider.
Who We’re Looking For
CoLab coworkers bring a wide range of talent and perspectives to our collaboration. We’re looking for people who try to meet complexity with simplicity, and can communicate about it with their peers. As a co-op, we embrace both
autonomy and mutual aid. You’ll have clear responsibilities in your role, as well as opportunities to contribute in other areas. We have no criteria around particular background or credentials; we care about your proposals, what you
produce, and your growth and happiness with our team. If CoLab sounds like a place for you, read on!
What you’ll need
● 3+ years of experience in digital marketing with focus on lead generation
● Experience managing email lists, social media accounts, etc.
● Capacity to evaluate potential market segments and contribute to strategic decisions about where to focus
● A connection to the “why” of our work - marketing mission-driven, impact-focused, and service-oriented
● Solid understanding of B2B marketing components for leading and driving strategy on a variety of client
● Comfortable with image generation tools for basic assets, and ability to collaborate with our designers for
more complex needs
● Experience in digital and interactive product
● Fun, energetic attitude
● Highly detailed and results-oriented
● Resourceful and creative, critical thinker
● Up-to-date on the latest marketing and media trends
● Interest in highly collaborative workplace
● Committed to making the world better for everyone
● Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
● Listening and navigating client feedback
● Experience building client trust and goodwill
● Ability to communicate effectively and lovingly with developers and other roles
● Communicate proactively and clearly when adjustments are needed in project plans
● Provide for excellent client and peer satisfaction
● Support project ‘retrospectives’ with insightful feedback
● Support reviews of peers and help to optimize org processes
● Passion or burning interest for social and environmental justice
● See technology as an instrument for bringing about a more equitable and sustainable future.
● Thirst for knowledge and curiosity
● Highly value generosity and transparency
● Seeking a familial environment, where our core strength lies not in smarts, but in togetherness
● See business relationships, and specifically co-operative economics, as a central pillar of efforts to better
● Recognize that we are humans before we are of any particular gender, race, class, or religion.
● Understand that our work is.collaborative, from the ground up: supporting agency, listening with
empathy, speaking with balance, and cultivating unity.
● Each is equitably valued for their contributions, regardless of their appearance, identity, or beliefs.
● See that working in collaboration with peers as a duo is an inherent strength in most situations
● Welcomes diversity of viewpoints
We are a global cooperative, and this position is open to applicants from all regions.
We currently have members in
North America, Europe, India, and South-East Asia.
$30-45/hour based on a transparent rate level system.
10-15 hours per week to start, with the possibility for more work over time.
Applications due ongoing. Anticipated start date asap.
We center underrepresented people and communities in our work. Women, gender non-conforming people, and
people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Candidate” and be prepared to share the following:
● A brief, 2-3 paragraph cover letter about your background and what you hope to bring to this work
● A resume or CV and portfolio or professional links
● Availability to start and other considerations
● Optional: Two questions you have for us
We look forward to talking with you!
CoLab Cooperative • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.colab.coop